Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Relief

Last week, I was feeling really discouraged with running. It wasn't feeling like it was getting any easier and it sure wasn't fun. Luckily, I had a couple of good runs last week and I'm feeling a lot better now.

On Sunday, a group run day, we were set to run two miles again. I ran with my friend Lisa, who is definitely a better runner than me. That really pushed me and forced me to run more than I would have had I been running alone, AND it was a lot more fun. I walked a LOT less than the week before! It also gave me a necessary confidence boost so I'm feeling better about the whole ordeal. (Though I still refer to running as "an ordeal." :)) Thanks, Lisa!

I am seriously considering doing the YMCA Riverbank Run on April 24th. It's a 5k, so it is farther than I've gone at this point, but we're set to do 3 miles this coming Sunday and I'll conceivably have done 5 by the 24th, so a 5k will be a piece of cake! Setting a short term goal like this is good for me, because I'm a procrastinator so preparing for something that's not happening until July just really isn't my style. This gives me a reason to run NOW, not put it off like I do everything else! (Also, bonus: I love the YMCA preschool and youth programs and this helps benefit them!)

2 comments:

  1. You're a rock star! I'd love to run with you anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! Maybe we'll come cheer you on! (And send Dad a link to the entry form -- maybe he'll join you???)

    ReplyDelete